Friday, May 30, 2008

A quick week

The last week went by rather quickly. All of a sudden I realized that I didn't update my blog for more than a week! My apologies. ;-)

Nader and I decided at the last minute to go to Burnaby for my dad's birthday on Sunday. We had a nice time visiting a couple of our friends who just had a baby (she is sooooo sweet and small). Then we hung out with family for the rest of the weekend. We went to the beach on Sunday afternoon and enjoyed a picnic and croquet in the sand. Then we went back to my dad's place and had a BBQ dinner and delicious cake. (There I go with the food again...I guess you can tell that I like food!)

This week back in Kamloops has been relatively quiet. The weather is unsettled, so one day is hot and sunny and the next is rainy or cloudy. I haven't really gone out for any walks. I did drive around a bit to explore some more areas of town. I unpacked a bit more and organized stuff. I went to a Tupperware party. We bought a new foam mattress...so much better than the spring one! Thursday evening we went for a tour of the Kamloops water treatment centre with some people from our home group. It was actually more interesting than I anticipated and I really appreciate where our water comes from. It's quite the process and the water is very clean here.I hope you all are doing great. Miss you all.

Love Nicole

No comments: