Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Floral Fusion

Here is the quilt that I made for my mom's birthday in September. I was only about a week late in finishing it, and then another week went by while I waited for a day to photograph it.
I gave you a sneak peak of it earlier, but here it is in all it's glory! I think it measures about 60" x 72". At least it did before quilting and washing.
I used a wide variety of pink, cream, blue and green florals. Mostly large roses, but other flowers too and a cupcake print. It was just too cute to resist. I bound it with a diagonal stripe that had pink, cream, blue and green in it. How perfect.
My inspiration was from a patchwork tablecloth in Kaffe Fasset's Glorious Color. I added a different border for a challenge. I try to learn something new for each quilt that I make. This time I made diagonal pieced squares and triangles.

My mom loves the quilt! I am so happy with the end results and am glad that she loves it too. She said the fabrics remind her of her granny and the quilts she used to make. What a fabulous compliment.

Now, on to current projects... I just finished a quilt last week (pictures to come soon), and I have to make 4 more before Christmas! Yikes, what have I gotten myself into? Its all self-imposed though. I just can't help it. I guess I better get off the computer and get sewing!!!!

xo Nicole

1 comment:

Jane Macdermott said...

I love these colours and I also made a Kaffe Fasset quilt, it didn't match up like the pic but oh well :) Could you add my link to your page? Thanks