Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rhubarb Delight

Another great rhubarb recipe. It was like rhubarb cheesecake without a crust. I bet it would taste even better if it were on a shortbread crust. I liked eating it just from a bowl.

3 cups fresh rhubarb, cut up
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp flour

Mix together. Put in a deep dish pie plate or an 8x8 inch pyrex dish and bake at 400F for 15 minutes.

8 oz (250 g) cream cheese (I used light and it turned out fine)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs

Mix cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Beat until smooth. Pour over hot rhubarb and bake for 30 minutes at 350F.

1 cup sour cream (again I used low-fat)
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together. Pour evenly over hot pie. Chill and serve with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.I hope you enjoy eating this as much as I did. Nader liked it too! Its all gone after 2 days. Happy eating.

Love Nicole

1 comment:

Dana VanderKwaak said...

oooo this one looks so good!