Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Last October/November I sewed up a little quilt for a baby shower for my friend. I used blocks from my month from The Maple Leaf Bee 2 quilting bee. I was originally planning to add an off white border around each block and then some scrappy sashing, but in the end it was a perfect quick project for a baby.
I had each of my bee mates sew up some scrappy log cabin blocks a la Denise Schmidt drunk love in a log cabin style. I sent them out a lovely selection of green, pink, orange and brown prints and solids and I am so pleased with the results. The hardest thing is capturing the colours accurately on camera. I tried my best to doctor up the pictures a bit to get you a better idea of what they look like. However, it just doesn't measure up to seeing it in person.
I quilted it with an all over stipple loop and machine sewed the binding. I love the bright pink of the binding. It adds just a little more girly-ness without being over the top.