Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hot Summer Nights

Well, the nights aren't hot anymore, and summer is pretty much over, but I finished this in the summer. Its for those hot nights, when you don't want a duvet, but still want to be covered.
I made this for myself and finished it back in August. I just didn't get around to taking pictures of it until recently. I went to the park down the street one afternoon and had a lot of fun having a photo shoot with some quilts.
Unfortunately the colours didn't show up exactly the way the are, but the bright sunlight was too nice to resist. I tried hanging it on a fence, but it was too windy and the quilt kept blowing towards me.
I used the pattern from a Fons and Porter magazine that I picked up at a second hand book store a few years ago. I knew I wanted to make this quilt for myself since then! I love the colours and the batiks were fabulous to work with. They don't ravel as much as some other cottons.
I like how the back was pieced and the label is a miniature star from the front pattern. The free motion quilting was fun and pretty quick to do. I think it took me about 4 hours total. Its my new favourite way to quilt.

xo Nicole

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!

quilt'n-mama said...

I Love it!!!!!
I also love the sweet little bag you sent me in the mail:) What a treat to find in my mail box. I enjoyed your blog this morning and plan to come back and visit soon!
Blessings,
Gayly

quilt-n-mama.blogspot.com

nabibiddi said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Keep up the good work :-)