Monday, July 5, 2010

Carmen's Birthday Quilt

Earlier this spring I decided to participate in a quilt along. I picked out these fabrics and started cutting. I got the solid yellow, a linen cotton blend when I was in Egypt last Christmas. The batiks came from my stash. I found the backing fabric at 50% off on a trip to Burnaby. I love the cherries!

I had the top ready to go in strips to sew into a top, but then we moved. It took some time to get things set up in our new place for sewing to resume.

I then was teaching a friend how to quilt, using the same pattern, so I was distracted. I had the quilt ready for binding for quite a long time and had to show Carmen in advance! I was too excited to hold off any longer.

Finally I bit the bullet and finished hand sewing the binding down (after it sat on the back of my couch for nearly a month)! I gave it to Carmen for her birthday (which was in March) in the beginning of June. She was so thrilled!

I love this quilt because its so cheery and it was really simple to make. If you ever want to learn how to quilt, let me know!

xo Nicole

No comments: