I made this quilt for our friends, Dave and Kathryn. I had a set of scraps that I got at a great deal quite a long time ago and I decided to make something with them. They were pre-cut and I just randomly sewed them together without a plan. Once I had some chunks, I decided to do a little planning.
I came up with the layout above, but there was a tricky little hole in the middle. With some frustration I figured out how to fill it in. I bet you can't even find the spot! I'm pleased with how it turned out.
I quilted it with an all-over loopy stitch, similar to what I've done in the past, but with bigger loops. I think it has a nice texture to it. I used a dark blue Ikea sheet for the backing and a turquoise solid for the binding. I like how it ties it all together.
Our friends really like the quilt and tell me they use it regularly! Nothing makes me happier than that!