Monday, May 5, 2008

New car!

Finally after days of searching and lots of negotiating, I managed to secure a car for myself. I am so tired of the process but took my time because I wanted to make sure I didn't get a lemon. However, only time will tell...

It is a Mazda Protege 5, manual transmission (better performance and gas milage!), has A/C and a sunroof. It will have new brakes and tires by the time I pick it up tomorrow. I think that I managed a good deal with a little help from my dad and my brother. I am happy with the outcome and excited to get to drive it away soon!

I came down to Burnaby to find something since selection is limited around Kamloops. It has been great to stay at my dad's place and also visit with Eric since he came back from New Zealand. In some ways it feels like I never moved to Kamloops! Everything is so familiar. I went to church on Sunday and it was just like I never left. I had a really good time on Sunday actually. I connected with my friend Ruth for awhile and then had lunch with other young adults at the pastor's house. It was delicious food too!
Love Nicole

No comments: