Thursday, February 2, 2012

On Hex-A-Thons and Winning


I joined in with the crowd at Katja's for the Hex-a-thon.  We are English Paper Piecing 3" hexagons; one each week in 2012.  I decided to use an older layer cake called Patisserie by Fig Tree and Co.  It has some wonderful soft colours and prints.


This is week 1.  Fairly straight forward, but some of my points were off.  Hopefully I will improve in this area as the year goes by.


Week 2. I liked doing this one.  The fussy cutting turned out pretty well.


Week 3. This one gave me a lot of grief.  It doesn't even lay flat.  Hopefully once the papers are removed it won't be too noticeable.


I also won a prize over at cynthia f.  Cynthia designed this piece of fabric herself and it was printed at Spoonflower. (You can even buy one for yourself if you want.) It is a super cute calendar for 2012.  I better hurry up and make something with it before too much more of the year passes by.  I was thinking about sewing on some bright borders and making it into a wall hanging for my sewing room - a mini quilt of sorts.  (It is fat quarter size, so it will be on the larger side.)  I really love it and I am so thankful for Cynthia's generosity.  I will delight in this all year - and even after that!

xo Nicole

2 comments:

Carla said...

Your hexies look great. Love the calendar too

Holly said...

Wow, that fussy cutting turned out really well! I'm glad you won Cynthia's calendar. She's so lovely and I'm sure she's happy another BC quilter won!