Thursday, March 8, 2012

Some WIPS


This is a very terrible picture that I snapped on Saturday evening.  I spent my day making up these improvised blocks to make a toddler quilt for a friend's little girl.  It has progressed further than this.  All the pieces are now filled in and sewn together.  Unfortunately, it's a little bit smaller than what I was aiming for, so I need to add a border.  I don't think I can add a regular style border due to the nature of the quilt.  It calls for something created in the same manner as the piecing.  I also have run out of some of the fabrics, so it will not be an easy task.  I hope to get this finished completely next week.  


This quilt is something that was started a year ago.  It is all sewn together and then I was waiting to find the perfect backing fabric.  I found it and then basted it.  It has been sitting ready for quilting for a few months now.  I'd really like to just finish it up!  I'm a little stuck on what to do for the quilting.  I think I want to try something new and a little fancy.  I just need to work up my courage.  This probably won't be finished next week, but sometime this spring.  I think its a great spring quilt.


My sample for the Quilting 101 class I'm going to be teaching is just about done.  I basted it on Friday and now just need to get it quilted and bound. I will be getting that done in the next week as well.  I was planning on it being done at the end of January.  

I think that I have more time in my mind than what actually happens. We'll see if that is the case next week.  I do have two weeks off from work at school and I plan on sewing for a large chunk of that time.  Most of what I want to do is finish off projects that are nearly done. I think that is attainable.  I'll check in again later and let you know how that all works out.

xo Nicole

3 comments:

Gramma Quilter said...

Awesome to get some WIPs done. That has been my goal this winter. Though saying that i bought fabric this week for a couple of new ones. I think it is even more exciting to think about something new as you whittle down the WIP pile.
Love that first quilt. It is funny that i gravitate to those more "modern" patterns but i usually lean toward the traditional when i sew. I see your quandary about border. Watching to see what you come up with!
D

Gramma Quilter said...

Me again! Wanted to say, love the name of your sight. Such an awesome reminder of that journey that i am on, keeping my sight on the goal and being faithful to run the race. Victory!

Carla said...

Hey Nicole. Love the blocks in the first picture : )

Your beginner sample looks great. I need to make a new one too..........