This is a very terrible picture that I snapped on Saturday evening. I spent my day making up these improvised blocks to make a toddler quilt for a friend's little girl. It has progressed further than this. All the pieces are now filled in and sewn together. Unfortunately, it's a little bit smaller than what I was aiming for, so I need to add a border. I don't think I can add a regular style border due to the nature of the quilt. It calls for something created in the same manner as the piecing. I also have run out of some of the fabrics, so it will not be an easy task. I hope to get this finished completely next week.
This quilt is something that was started a year ago. It is all sewn together and then I was waiting to find the perfect backing fabric. I found it and then basted it. It has been sitting ready for quilting for a few months now. I'd really like to just finish it up! I'm a little stuck on what to do for the quilting. I think I want to try something new and a little fancy. I just need to work up my courage. This probably won't be finished next week, but sometime this spring. I think its a great spring quilt.
My sample for the Quilting 101 class I'm going to be teaching is just about done. I basted it on Friday and now just need to get it quilted and bound. I will be getting that done in the next week as well. I was planning on it being done at the end of January.
I think that I have more time in my mind than what actually happens. We'll see if that is the case next week. I do have two weeks off from work at school and I plan on sewing for a large chunk of that time. Most of what I want to do is finish off projects that are nearly done. I think that is attainable. I'll check in again later and let you know how that all works out.